Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Starting to see change


Bunch of Awesomeness!!


So just for clarification the juice fast doesn’t start till 1/22 the day we get back from California (my husband jumped the gun as usual…love you babe!).  Till then we are preparing ourselves for it by significantly cutting back the type and volume of food we eat so that it’s not a total shock to our systems when we start the juice fast.  However, this change has been a shock in and of itself.  I didn’t realize how bad things had gotten. It’s not so much that I’m feeling hungry, we are eating enough to sustain ourselves, but I’m realizing how different I feel.  Last night for the first time in I can’t remember how long, I felt energy in the evening! I was giving Blake his bath and he was throwing water all over the floor and usually at that time of night I’m so tired and sluggish that I’m not able to really join in the fun. I’m usually trying to rush him out of his bath so I can rush him to bed, so I can go to bed.  But last night was different.  It was like the old days of giving him his bath when I enjoyed every minute of watching him play and talking with him.  Bath time and bed time are our special time together.  Just mommy and Blakey.  And I regularly hate myself for being tired and grouchy. But last night I realized just how much of an impact food and alcohol consumption have on my energy levels.  Just four days maintaining our exercise routine, eating significantly lighter and not drinking I really noticed a change.  And it makes me feel encouraged to carry on. If only all that extra energy last night hadn’t prevented me from being able to go to sleep. For the first time in 3 years I couldn’t sleep last night!  Usually I’m out in about 3.2 seconds once my head hits the pillow. But you know what? When my son woke up from a nightmare I was at his bedside and not laying in bed praying for the strength to get up. He opened his eyes, saw my face, gave me a huge smile, and cuddled up next to me and went back to sleep. If that’s not reason to take care of myself, I don’t know what is.


Hey Check BIN Out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment